Xbox 2: The gaming industry has come a long way since the first Super Mario game and with the advancement of technology every passing year; video games have flourished and are nothing different from real-life like in today’s age. And let’s not forget that the only way it can go from here is upwards. Gone are the days where a pixilated Duck Shoot 2 could make you stick to your television screens for hours. In this page we'll talk about the upcoming Xbox 2 gaming console, so if you're waiting for this beast to be unleashed then keep on reading.
- Microsoft rolled out their previous console, the Xbox One back in 2013 as a successor to their hugely successful Xbox 360 and the last console failed to live up to the expectations of quite a considerable amount of people.
- Sales statistics showed that what used to be a fair competition between Microsoft and Sony was inching slowly towards the Taiwanese tech firm with Sony’s Playstation 4 raking in a much significant amount of takers.
- On June 13, 2016, during its E3 2016 press conference, Microsoft announced their new undertaking terming it ‘Project Scorpio’ which is slated to be a high-end model with upgraded hardware, something the company claims to be, “The Most Powerful Console Ever”.
Xbox 2 Project Scorpio Features
the eradication of the box-type outlook for the console
supports 4K streaming confirmed to feature native 4K gaming
VR compatibility allows users to dive into the virtual world
- Today its 4K resolution and Virtual-Reality that is ruling the wish list of every single gamer in the world. And in the midst of all these, tech giants Microsoft are inching close towards unleashing a new beast of a machine which they have quietly mysteriously branded Project Scorpio. And it has almost been confirmed that this gaming console will be the next iteration to the Xbox series, the Xbox 2.
Xbox 2 Design
The Xbox 2 is supposed to be Microsoft’s next premier console to be rolled out later this year and in terms of design, it is pegged to be radically different to the Xbox One. The tech company is going with a sleek out-look for the console, a further improvement from the Xbox One S.
- Microsoft has reportedly been considering the eradication of the box-type outlook for the console and is supposedly inching towards something a little more tech-savvy.
- The Xbox Two has been in the news quite a number of times recently stressing on the specific fact that the console might be a portable one. One field where light-weightiness is a significant factor.
- Microsoft is going to great lengths to make the console more visually appealing along with the obvious incorporation of killer specs in it.
The first announcement for the Xbox Scorpio at the 106 E3 conferences itself revealed that the Xbox Two is slated to offer a gaming experience in the highest resolution format possible today. In the gaming industry, 4K gaming is the new in-thing with more devices rolled out to be 4K compatible offering consumers a truly enriching viewing experience. we do not need to buy a best gaming laptop.
- Sony’s latest Playstation 4 supports 4K streaming and 4K up-scaling for video content with their next console confirmed to feature native 4K gaming. With the PS5 well far from its propped release date, there is n doubt about the fact that the Xbox Two will be the first console ever to offer gamers a true 4K gaming experience.
- The upcoming console from Microsoft has been confirmed to feature 6 teraflops (trillion floating point operations per second) of graphical computing performance as well as an eight-core AMD APU making it perfectly compatible to successfully support gaming in the highest resolution specification possible.
Virtual Reality is everywhere right now with even the latest smartphones getting VR compatibility allowing users to dive into the virtual world owning nothing more than a VR headset and this same technology is making its way into the console gaming industry significantly. Specifically when it comes to consoles, Microsoft has lagged behind Sony at least on this front, with Sony’s PS4 Being made VR compatible along with the release of their exclusive VR headset, the Playstation VR.
- Considering the fact, that the Xbox Two will find its way to the market by 2017, the beast console is surely slated to feature 4K gaming as has been confirmed by the company during their Project Scorpio announcement.
Microsoft’s Backward Compatibility
Microsoft’s Project Scorpio come is all set to come with Xbox 360 backwards compatibility program support. For those unaware, Backward-compatible refers to a hardware or software system that can successfully use interfaces and data from earlier versions of the system or with other systems. This property on the Xbox Two will allow users to play previously saved games Xbox 360 and Xbox One on the upcoming new console as well.
The confirmation of the feature came from Xbox engineering lead Mike Ybarra on Twitter yesterday. “360 backwards compatibility” will, of course, work on Scorpio,” he said in a tweet when a user asked him if 2010’s “Red Dead Redemption” would be playable on the Project Scorpio.
The One S from Microsoft runs on 8GB of DDR3 RAM and the internal memory of the console is definitely poised for a ramp up with the nest iteration in the line-up.
- The Xbox 2 or Project Scorpio, as the company calls it is already slated to be a the most powerful concept till date and considering all factors, the upcoming console might well be rolled out with 16GB of LPDDR4 RAM.
- Coming to storage, the Xbox Two, quite naturally will be rolled out in two different variants of varying storage size-one offering 500GB of hard drive space while the more expensive one offering 1 TB.
Xbox 2: Project Scorpio Wish List
Voice Control Settings
The revolutionary premise promised by Microsoft has had a number of serious takers in the gaming industry especially with the increasing advancement of technology each day.
- What would be an absolutely groundbreaking development in the Xbox 2 would be if the console was voice operable for the users who would be able to switch the console and off as well as verbally change settings instead of rummaging with either the console or the controller.
Custom Game Specific Controllers
Microsoft’s Xbox controller is already one of the most used gaming joysticks in the world with a majority of people preferring Microsoft’s own product more than the other premium third-party controllers.
- With the Xbox 2 pegged to be a revolutionary device of the future, it will not be a very big ask for the company to roll out specific controllers for games of different genres in the Xbox Two.
- Naturally, video games range from a variety of genres today from Sport to action to RPG and Strategy and some of these bigger genres require specifically optimized controllers for the best performance output. The tech company who are already pegged to design a state-of-the art controller for their new console might very well roll out two more keeping in mind different player requisites like analogue spacing, analogue flexibility and feather-touch buttons.
Xbox 2: Project Scorpio Release Date
- The Xbox line-up by Microsoft has had quite successful consoles over the years with the Xbox 360 being the highlight of them. The original Xbox was launched by Microsoft in November 2001. At a point when the gaming industry was at its bare beginnings, the Xbox came as the high-end console which allowed players to indulge in the best video games at that point of time. The Xbox was succeeded by the Xbox 360 four years later in 2005 and with the 360, Microsoft had an incredibly successful commercial run at in the gaming market with the console selling a figure of 77.2 million units as of 2013.
- The Xbox One came into the picture 8 years later but failed to replicate the success of its predecessor. Microsoft enthusiasts have expressed significant grievances on how their preferred console is ano-no compared to Sony’s Playstation variant and the Xbox 2 is coming to change things around for them for sure. According to an official statement from Microsoft at their E3 2016 conference, the company openly revealed intentions of rolling out the Xbox 2 by late 2017. So we can expect Xbox 2 Release Date to be somewhere in November 2017.
- There already has been a huge number of speculations stating the fact that Microsoft will not be able to keep up with their proposed released but considering that its probably one of the largest tech firms in the world, its hardly fair not to go by their word. Microsoft has rolled out their base consoles in the month of November consistently since the original Xbox and Project Scorpio will be no different. The tech company’s scheduled winter event later this year may finally allow us to take a real look at the Xbox 2 for the first time and its definitely worth the wait.
Xbox 2: Project Scorpio Price
Gaming consoles today do definitely fall into the category of the most premium gadgets rolled out by the top tech companies today. Ranging from VR headsets and controllers to the latest consoles and gaming televisions, the incorporation of the latest technology in the gaming industry has made the hobby quite an expensive one to maintain. Nevertheless, it is never like Microsoft will have a lack of market prospect for the Xbox 2 and by the looks of it, this premium console from the tech giants is slated to be affordable without burning a very deep hole in your pocket. The Xbox One came at a standalone price of $399 which was touted unreasonably expensive by a number of people owing to its lack of advancement from its predecessor. The Xbox 2 which is expected to surface later this year will bear a probable price tag between $499 and $599.