Xbox 2: The gaming industry has come a long way since the first Super Mario game and with the advancement of technology every passing year; video games have flourished and are nothing different from real-life like in today’s age. And let’s not forget that the only way it can go from here is upwards. Gone are the days where a pixilated Duck Shoot 2 could make you stick to your television screens for hours. In this page we'll talk about the upcoming Xbox 2 gaming console, so if you're waiting for this beast to be unleashed then keep on reading.
- Microsoft rolled out their previous console, the Xbox One back in 2013 as a successor to their hugely successful Xbox 360 and the last console failed to live up to the expectations of quite a considerable amount of people.
- Sales statistics showed that what used to be a fair competition between Microsoft and Sony was inching slowly towards the Taiwanese tech firm with Sony’s Playstation 4 raking in a much significant amount of takers.
- On June 13, 2016, during its E3 2016 press conference, Microsoft announced their new undertaking terming it ‘Project Scorpio’ which is slated to be a high-end model with upgraded hardware, something the company claims to be, “The Most Powerful Console Ever”. As it happens, Project Scorpio isn't Xbox 2 like many of us had believed. Microsoft unveiled the much rumored 'Project Scorpio' gaming console, and they have officially named it 'Xbox One X.'
Given that the new Xbox One X supports 4K that makes the screen sharper, sports HDR10 for more lifelike pictures and runs smoother owing to the higher FPS, the pressure for an even powerful console hangs on Xbox 2. Looking at the state of things, it’s hard to say what the Xbox 2 could possibly bring. There are several questions that might be emerging in your mind right now, such as, what will the new Xbox 2 be like? Will it even be called Xbox 2? Etc. And most importantly whether we'll even end up seeing an all new Xbox, but the fact is Microsoft has never been the one to abandon console. This brings us to the following question:
Xbox 2 Features: What's Cooking Inside?
the eradication of the box-type outlook for the console
supports 4K streaming confirmed to feature native 4K gaming
VR compatibility allows users to dive into the virtual world
- We only have an idea of the next big things Microsoft could be aiming at with its next big console. What happens in the industry will largely be responsible for what comes in the Xbox 2. And here we delve into the Xbox 2 features.
- But before we get to that, there is one major question facing us that makes us wonder if we ever will see the Xbox 2 the way we think we will see it. The fact is, many console manufacturers look appear to be doing away with the full upgrade system entirely. Nintendo, for instance, does not believe in generational upgrades, and many believe that Microsoft might be following along the same lines.
- However, Sony officials having announced that they will not be giving up on their generational upgrades any time soon, which basically confirms that the PlayStation 5 is definitely happening. The company also said that the PS5 would be a step necessary for the company to move forward. And if a marketing giant like Sony believes that generational upgrades are not passé, then we can definitely count on Microsoft to at least consider their next move.
- But at the same time, we wonder what shape we will see the Xbox 2 take up. We may have got a few clues into it with the unveiling of the Xbox One X (Project Scorpio) at the E3 2017. We saw Microsoft focusing on a slimmer design and much better graphics- two of the features that we can expect to see being improved in leaps and bounds by the time the Xbox 2 release date rolls out.
Important Resources: You may download Freedom Apk from here to level up any Google Play Store games without much hard work and spending money.
Xbox 2 Design
Speculations go that the Xbox 2 will be radically different looking compared to the Xbox Xbox One its slimmer version, Xbox One S. Since the Xbox One X is not much of an improvement in the design sphere, the Xbox 2 will be quite different to the most recent console too.
- Microsoft has reportedly been considering the eradication of the box-type outlook for the console and is supposedly inching towards something a little more tech-savvy.
- The Xbox Two has been in the news quite a number of times recently stressing on the specific fact that the console might be a portable one. One field where light-weightiness is a significant factor.
- Microsoft is going to great lengths to make the console more visually appealing along with the obvious incorporation of killer specs in it.
The first announcement for the Xbox Scorpio at the 2016 E3 conferences itself revealed that the Xbox Two is slated to offer a gaming experience in the highest resolution format possible today. In the gaming industry, 4K gaming is the new in-thing with more devices rolled out to be 4K compatible offering consumers a truly enriching viewing experience. we do not need to buy a best gaming laptop.
- Sony’s latest Playstation 4 supports 4K streaming and 4K up-scaling for video content with their next console confirmed to feature native 4K gaming. With the PS5 well far from its propped release date, there is n doubt about the fact that the Xbox Two will be the first console ever to offer gamers a true 4K gaming experience.
- The upcoming console from Microsoft has been confirmed to feature 6 teraflops (trillion floating point operations per second) of graphical computing performance as well as an eight-core AMD APU making it perfectly compatible to successfully support gaming in the highest resolution specification possible.
Virtual Reality is everywhere right now with even the latest smartphones getting VR compatibility allowing users to dive into the virtual world owning nothing more than a VR headset and this same technology is making its way into the console gaming industry significantly. Specifically when it comes to consoles, Microsoft has lagged behind Sony at least on this front, with Sony’s PS4 Being made VR compatible along with the release of their exclusive VR headset, the Playstation VR.
- Considering the fact, that the Xbox Two will find its way to the market by 2017, the beast console is surely slated to feature 4K gaming as has been confirmed by the company during their Project Scorpio announcement.
Microsoft’s Backward Compatibility
Microsoft’s Project Scorpio come is all set to come with Xbox 360 backwards compatibility program support. For those unaware, Backward-compatible refers to a hardware or software system that can successfully use interfaces and data from earlier versions of the system or with other systems. This property on the Xbox Two will allow users to play previously saved games Xbox 360 and Xbox One on the upcoming new console as well.
The confirmation of the feature came from Xbox engineering lead Mike Ybarra on Twitter yesterday. “360 backwards compatibility” will, of course, work on Scorpio,” he said in a tweet when a user asked him if 2010’s “Red Dead Redemption” would be playable on the Project Scorpio.
The One S from Microsoft runs on 8GB of DDR3 RAM and the internal memory of the console is definitely poised for a ramp up with the nest iteration in the line-up.
- The Xbox 2 or Project Scorpio, as the company calls it is already slated to be a the most powerful concept till date and considering all factors, the upcoming console might well be rolled out with 16GB of LPDDR4 RAM.
- Coming to storage, the Xbox Two, quite naturally will be rolled out in two different variants of varying storage size-one offering 500GB of hard drive space while the more expensive one offering 1 TB.
Xbox 2 Wish List: What's the Fans Demanding
Voice Control Settings
The revolutionary premise promised by Microsoft has had a number of serious takers in the gaming industry especially with the increasing advancement of technology each day.
- What would be an absolutely groundbreaking development in the Xbox 2 would be if the console was voice operable for the users who would be able to switch the console and off as well as verbally change settings instead of rummaging with either the console or the controller.
Custom Game Specific Controllers
Microsoft’s Xbox controller is already one of the most used gaming joysticks in the world with a majority of people preferring Microsoft’s own product more than the other premium third-party controllers.
- With the Xbox 2 pegged to be a revolutionary device of the future, it will not be a very big ask for the company to roll out specific controllers for games of different genres in the Xbox Two.
- Naturally, video games range from a variety of genres today from Sport to action to RPG and Strategy and some of these bigger genres require specifically optimized controllers for the best performance output. The tech company who are already pegged to design a state-of-the art controller for their new console might very well roll out two more keeping in mind different player requisites like analogue spacing, analogue flexibility and feather-touch buttons.
Xbox 2 Release Date
- The original Xbox was released 16 years ago on November 15, 2001, while the Xbox 360 was released on May 12, 2005.There was a gap of 3 years, 5 months and 27 days between both of their release. Xbox One was released on November 22, 2013.This means that the gap was even large this time between Xbox One and Xbox 360 release date with a time period of 8 years, 6 months and 10 days between them.If Xbox 2 is released on the speculated November 15, 2017 date, then there will be a gap of 3 years, 11 months and 24 days between its release and Xbox One’s release.
- And now we have the Xbox One X announced at the E3 2017 press conference in June 2017. The high-end version of Xbox One is set for a roll out in November 2017.
- As for the release date of Xbox 2, there is no official confirmation, but in order to speculate when the console could use possible launch, we need to look at the launch pattern of both Xbox and PlayStation consoles. Every Xbox console has a life span of a few years, normally 3 to 4 years before Microsoft decides to launch a new console. Therefore we think Microsoft could be aiming at a 2020 release for Xbox 2. Moreover, Sony’s PlayStation 5 is rumored to be launching in 2020, which makes the year a perfect stage for both consoles to fight it out and establish supremacy in the market.
- While there is no official notification from Microsoft to corroborate this, rumors from trusted sources indicate that the Xbox 2 is already in the making. This is unsurprising, as console manufacturers usually start pursuing the next generation of upgrades right around the time they release a new device. So if we have to look at it like that, then it is easy to surmise that Microsoft might have started planning the Xbox 2 release date since the launch of Xbox One.
- Recent rumors, however, state that the new console upgrade from Microsoft is currently in active development. But before we get too excited about a new generation of the gaming hardware, it must be noted that the use of the word “generation” may be misplaced. This is due to the fact that the American gaming giant has already made it somewhat apparent that generational upgrades are passé, at least for the Xbox.
- So in the end, we wonder what this new console currently under development will be like, and if it will at all be called the Xbox 2. In any case, the rumors hint that it could be out within the next few years.
So, possible Xbox 2 Release Date is 2020.
Xbox 2 Price: How Much Will It Cost
After all has been said and done, one of the biggest and most pressing points of interest has to be the matter of the Xbox 2 price. To tell the truth, Microsoft has always priced their consoles a little steep. But at the same time, the company has failed to capture the market with the Xbox consoles the way their rivals over at Sony have with the PlayStation.
So coming to the Xbox 2 price, Microsoft needs to set a price that will be comparable with their rival. But to determine a possible price for the upcoming console will be a tough job, particularly because of two pre-existing, and inter-related, factors. Firstly, the Xbox 2 is not expected to be launched before 2019 or even 2020. Secondly, that same window is said to the time when we will see the PlayStation 5 console- something that creators Sony have already confirmed.
Now one pointer to consider while determining the price of Xbox 2 is the Xbox One X. The new console that is slated to come out in November 2017 will set buyers back by a princely $500. Keeping that in mind, along with all the other factors we have talked about above, we believe that the Xbox 2 price is likely to be around $550-599. Moreover, the market in 2019 will be much more receptive towards the emerging 4K trend, making the process of implementing the technology much cheaper. So the new console should not go beyond the $600 realm.
At this point, there aren’t too many information surrounding the Xbox 2, but as rumors roll out, we keep updating the page which is why we recommend that you bookmark this page and return once a week so that you are able to keep up to date on all new developments surrounding Xbox 2. This is one of the perfect valentine gifts for girlfriend.